Posted on Thursday 20th August, 2015
Don't let the weather forecast get you down! There's absolutely loads of activities to do at Flambards - rain or shine! But if it's going to be wet then here's our top ten things to do!
1. Victorian Village - at number one has to be the Flambards Victorian Village which creates the atmosphere of bustling streets and alleyways. Over 50 different shops and domestic situations are authentically recreated with thousands of genuine artefacts and ‘populated’ by very realistic life-sized models of people and animals going about their daily business. Step back in time and see history come alive! The attention to detail is incredible and you can discover everything from the village stores, bakers to the dressmaker and dairy, the dentist to the tobacconist - there's even below stairs view of life including the busy kitchen.
2. Britain in the Blitz - a life-size re-creation interpreting war-time. Hear the air raid sirens and literally feel the floor shake as another bomb hits the target. A visit will illustrate what life was like on the Home Front. Peep in to a wartime kitchen, a classroom and an evocative railway platform scene showing children evacuating. There’ a series of letters to home from children evacuated to Cornwall to escape the threat of bombs.
3. Chemist Time Capsule - Discover the world of William White, a pharmacist who lived and worked in Somerset. When he died in 1909, the shop was boarded up by his son who wasn’t qualified to dispense drugs, the shop remained untouched for more than 80 years. The walls are lined with medicine bottles, apothecary jars, quartz carboys, demijohns, pill dispensers and mortars and pestles. This whole shop was carefully installed to Flambards as it was – lock, stock and cobweb!
4. Entertainment on Flambards indoor centre stage - loads for kids every day with Ferdi the Fox entertainments schedule, enjoy everything from magic shows and dance workshops- check the daily schedule for who's appearing when!
5. Hands on science - discover an array of hands on science activities including laser maze and disorientation tunnel.
6. Indoor Play - The Cool Zone & Sea Legs Soft Play - fun for little ones in the indoor play areas - lots of room for parents to sit and chill out too.
7. Wild Entertainment – Get up close to wild animals in The Creepy Crawly Show or test yourself with our new Bush Tucker Bug Challenges. Check the weekly schedule for dates and times.
8. Concorde - There's loads more indoor exhibitions including a simulation of Concorde, The War Gallery and Pioneers of Flight - there's even a display of historic wedding dresses including one made from parachute material!
9. Space race - dare you go on the indoor 'dark' ride - journey into the unknown for thrill-seekers.
10. Colorado log flume - well it's wet so you may as well get even wetter!
Flambards - the best day of the week - whatever the weather!
Plus there's a free 7
day return offer.